Graduate assistant: photography and video
The UIC Office of Public and Government Affairs seeks an experienced photographer-videographer for a graduate assistantship.
The graduate assistant works closely with professional news and public relations staff in the Office of Public and Government Affairs to create short (one to five minutes) video news features that promote UIC accomplishments.
– develop ideas for videos
– plan and organize video shoots
– shoot video using digital SLR camera equipment
– edit video files using Final Cut Pro X
– finalize videos, including closed-captioning.
– high level of skills in Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Photoshop for Mac
– strong verbal communication skills and English proficiency
– ability to work quickly and under deadline pressure
– ability to work both on a team and independently
– experience in photojournalism, video journalism or documentary.
– start date: summer session 2015 possible, followed by nine-month contract for 2015-16 academic year
– 50 percent appointment
– compensation: minimum graduate student wage plus tuition waiver.
Send resume, professional references and examples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org