Free lunchtime concerts at ‘Tuesdays-at-One’
Spring semester’s Tuesdays-at-One concert series offers free jazz, modern and classical music in lunchtime performances open to the campus community and the public.
The concerts are scheduled for 1 to 1:50 p.m. on most Tuesdays in Recital Hall L060 on the lower level of the Education, Theatre, Music and Social Work Building.
- Feb. 4: “The Life and Love of Robert and Clara Schumann.” Peter and Kathleen Van De Graaff, bass-baritone and soprano, dramatize the life of composer Robert Schumann
- Feb. 11: Cavatina Duo. Eugenia Moliner, flute, and Denis Azabagic, guitar
- Feb. 18: Randy Brecker. Master class by Grammy-winning trumpeter and flugelhornist in jazz, R&B, and fusion
- Feb. 25: UIC Faculty Chamber Ensemble. Quartets for clarinet, violin, cello, and piano by Viennese romantic Walter Rabl and American composer Peter Schickele
- March 4: Jim Gailloreto’s Jazz String Quintet with vocalist Cheryl Wilson
- March 11: UIC Baroque Band
- March 18: UIC Jazz Ensemble
- April 1: GVSU New Music Ensemble. Grand Valley State University’s ensemble plays new music and 20th century landmarks
- April 8: John Floeter & Friends. The principal bassist for the Chicago Sinfonietta, plays classical, jazz, folk, and musical theater
- April 15: UIC Jazz Combos
- April 22: Sebastian Huydts, piano. Classical music by the composer and director of keyboard studies at Columbia College
- April 29: Lincoln Trio. Chamber and contemporary music by Desiree Ruhstrat, violin, David Cunliffe, cello, and Marta Aznavoorian, piano.